Sunday 14 December 2014

Midlands Minileague - November

A Lapland Bunting for John Hopper at Hoveringham helps to close the gap, but Ian Cowgill still retains his lead despite no additions in November. Andy Mackay retains third thanks to a returning Ring-Necked Duck, despite Nick Crouch adding the first Stonechat since 2012 on his patch.

Other highlights in the month included a Rock Pipit at Sence Valley and Longmoor and an Iceland Gull at Boultham Mere. Sam Pitt Miller in particular had an excellent November, adding Great White Egret, Cetti's Warbler and Bearded Tit amongst others at Priory Water to reach 100 species for the year.

Andy Sims leads the way at Boultham Mere on both BirdTrack contributions and the green league.


There will be many more competitors in the comparative league in PWC 2015, but this year it looks like Matt Griffiths will take the title, having beaten last years score at Earlswood. One more month for those in the 90's to hit the 100% mark.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Can I give you my results please after an 11 month absence! I am Stewart Sexton, my patch is Howick, Coastal North East and I have 134 species and 161 points. Sorry I dont have the sheet but I cocked it all up months ago so I hope my tally here will be ok? Cheers Stewart.

    ReplyDelete